Ah, summer love. What could be sweeter on a sultry summer night? Whether sharing a romantic walk on the beach, picnicking in the park, or heading out to catch a movie at the drive-in (yes, those are coming back in style), warm weather plus longer days means love is in the air…and the water, and the grass, you get the idea.
Speaking of ideas, here are five more summertime date activities for you and your special guy. These outings won’t break the bank, but they’re sure to inspire some bow-chicka-bow-wow time. Why not use those hot summer nights to ‘step into’ your favorite romance novel/novella while turning your man into one of those dreamy heroes you just love to read about?
1. Go on a night hike – pick a nearby park and either join a hiking meetup, or just head on out with your special guy and hit the trails in the evening. Stars shine brighter away from those city lights, and there is something magical about gazing at the moon through a dark canopy of leaves. Plus, makeout sessions under the cover over darkness? Delicious!
I enjoyed incorporating a hot-and-steamy outdoor makeout session for my characters in Red Shoes for Lab Blues – naturally, this required some in depth research. Thanks, hubby!
2. Head out to the State or County Fair – Cotton candy, ferris wheels, and prizes waiting to be won by manly men willing to demonstrate their skill and might, this is old-fashioned fun at its finest. Bonus points for snuggling in the Tunnel of Love.
3. Hit an ice cream parlor – banana splits, as the name implies, are made for sharing. There is something so intimate and sexy about feeding one another and sharing food. Of course, if you’d like to get more, er, creative, get it to go so you and your guy can have fun finding new places to spread whipped cream and chocolate sauce.
4. Mini-golf – an oldie but goodie, this is a fun and inexpensive way for you and your man to indulge in a little friendly competition. And if you happen to need a little help setting up your stroke, just ask your guy to slide in behind you and work on those critical…positions.
5. Go rollerblading/biking/kayaking/*insert favorite outdoor sport activity here* – exercise and fresh air provide so many benefits, and healthy people have healthy love lives. Take advantage of summer weather by getting outdoors and getting active together. One of the best parts of getting hot and sweaty: sharing the shower!
What about you folks out in cyberspace? What are your favorite summer date night scenarios? Feel free to share them in the comments, or whatever happens to be on your mind, for a chance to win some great prizes!
The wonderful hosts of Love, Lust, and Lipstick Stains are offering a huge bundle of eBooks as a grand prize (Red Shoes for Lab Blues is in there), and I’m offering three lucky commenters a pair of super-cute red shoe charms.
Be sure and check out other author bloggers and comment for a chance to win the grand prize. To find them, just click on the cute little blue guy below.